Clip, Card and Tag -Apple Find My vs Google's Find My Device
The Clip, Card and Tag are a new generation of Pebblebee products that can get the benefit of being used with Google's Find My Device network or Apple's Find My network or the Pebblebee app. We got you covered no matter which phone system you use!
When you choose a Pebblebee product, you have the flexibility to get a device that will fit your needs no matter if you are an iOS or Android user. In this article, you will get to know the differences between them and which one should you choose depending on your needs.
Pebblebee has now two lines of products made for Android and made for iOS.
- Clip, Card, and Tag for Android can be used with the Pebblebee app or Google's Find My Device app (yet to be released).
- Clip, Card and Tag for iOS can be used with the Pebblebee app or Apple Find My app.
Your phone OS
Google's Find My Device
Apple Find My™ Device
Which app should I use?
That depends on your use case, preference, and operational system. Check below some of app compatibilities and features to help you decide.
Choose Google's Find My Device app (yet to be released)
Ideal to track your items in crowded places where you won't be always close to them. Let you locate your missing item by displaying its last approximate location thanks to Google's Find My Device network of Android devices.
- Compatible with Android 9+ (on most brands and in selected regions)
- to get the benefit of Google's Find My Device Network to locate your device
(other app features will be revealed once Google's Find My launches its network)
Choose the Apple Find My app
Ideal to track your items in crowded places where you won't be always close to them. Let you locate your missing item by displaying its last approximate location thanks to Apple's Find My network of Apple devices.
- Compatible with iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and macOS Big Sur 11.1.
- to get the benefit of Apple's FindMy Network to locate your device worldwide
- ask Siri to locate your items or check with your Apple Watch
- share your item with others
- get 'Notify when Left Behind' alerts
Choose Pebblebee app
Compatible with all Pebblebee products
The Pebblebee app is ideal if you often misplace your item inside your house, forget things behind, or want to get an overview of the path you took on a neighborhood walk or places visited during the day when your device was with you.
It's also for you if you:
- have a phone running either iOS 13.0+ or Android 8+
- wish to check history locations of your item
- want to find your phone by pressing your items button with the Find phone feature
- own a Google Assistant or Alexa, you can ask them to locate your item
- prefer to get proximity range to locate your item over Bluetooth
- want to check your items on a web browser with Pebblebee dashboard
- wants to receive Left Behind alerts
- want to know the last location you were connected with your lost item.