Found Tracking Modes
The Found LTE is a GPS cellular tracker that allows you to track your belongings anywhere LTE-M coverage is available. The frequency of updates will depend on the mode selected. The various tracking modes were designed to provide one of the longest battery life for a tracker in this form factor. Keep in mind with more frequent updates, the battery consumption of the device will increase.
To make sure the Found will meet your expectation, please read the explanation of the tracking modes operation.
- The Found must be within Bluetooth range (~500ft/ 150m) of your phone to be tracking.
- The device updates every 90sec - 9mins (depends on motion - more motion, faster updates; less motion, longer updates)
- The battery can last up to 1 year.
- If you select this mode, it will NOT track your Found if it is out of range or your phone.
Low Powered Mode
- The device updates the location every 4-6 hours.
- Battery life of up to 2 months.
- The device updates the location every 5-30 minutes when there is motion (device is moving).
- The device updates every 6 hours with NO motion.
- Battery life of up to 3 weeks.
- The device updates every 2-8 minutes.
- Battery life up to 24 hours.
NOTE: Change of modes and frequency of updates will depend on cellular coverage. If your Found tries to update on the scheduled time and it can’t connect over LTE-M, it will keep checking the network with an exponential backoff of 2, 4, 8, 16... minutes up to once per 24 hours and update when it becomes available.
Keep in mind that the Found will always connect over Bluetooth if your phone is nearby and Bluetooth is ON in order to save battery. You might see more frequent updates than the Tracking mode you selected. Once the Found leaves the Bluetooth range, or if you turn Bluetooth off, it will come back to the frequency of updates you have previously selected on the Tracking mode tab.