Getting Started with your Found
Plug your Found to charge
- Your Found device is shipped OFF. To turn it ON you must plug it to charge.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a power adapter or a powered USB port, similar to a laptop.
- The battery will be low, so please allow it to charge for at least 4 hours before removing it.
- You can start the following steps while you wait.Your Found might not turn fully green after being charged. If it keeps flashing green even after you have charged overnight it should be close to 100% and good to go.
Install the Pebblebee app on your smartphone
- If you are using iOS or Android, just search for it on the App Store or Google Play or click on the links below.
- Click here for more info How to install the Pebblebee app.
Log into the app
- Open the app.
- Enter your email and click submit.
- Enter the 6 digit verification code you received in your email. Having problems logging in? Click here.
- The first time you open the app it will ask you to accept some permissions. Please read them carefully as they are essential for getting the most usage of your tracker.
- You can skip them, but the app will not operate properly if any permission is denied.
Claim your Found device
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLUGGED YOUR DEVICE TO CHARGE.
- Check if you are running the latest app available. You will not be able to claim the Found on lower versions of the app.
- Open the Pebblebee app and click on the top right button to add a new device.
- Click the Found button.
- The app will recognize the beep and proceed.
- If the battery of the Found is low you will need to wait until it reaches 20% to proceed.
Activate your subscription
- In order to activate your Pebblebee device, we ask you to enter your Credit Card information.
- You will not be charged any amount unless you upgrade to another plan.
- You will receive a confirmation email with more info about your plan and expiration date.
If you don't have your credit card on hand, you can skip this part by selecting "Downgrade to Bluetooth only". You will be able to come back later and finish activating your subscription by selecting your Found device, then 'Tracking mode' and select the option to continue.
You will only have acess to Bluetooth tracking until you fully activate your subscription. For any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
Found OS update
- The first time you connect your device, the app is going to verify if there is any update available. If your device is not on the latest version you will be prompted to upgrade to continue.
- Keep the device close to your phone and the device will begin updating. (This could take a couple of minutes)
DO NOT CLOSE OUT OF THE PEBBLEBEE APP
- Found OS successfully updated! (if not, click to Try again).
Connect your device
- Next step, the app will register your Found over cellular.
- Please go to a place that you believe has a good cellular connection, near to a window and step outside of the building/ house.
Check your subscription plan
- You can only choose these modes if you pay for any yearly subscription (dynamic recommended):
Low powered tracking- the device connects every 4-6 hours.
Dynamic tracking- the device connects every 30-60 minutes while in motion.
Emergency tracking- the device connects every 2-8 minutes.
Bluetooth only- must be within range of your phone to be tracking.
- You can switch between modes as needed, but keep in mind that it can take a couple of hours for the device to update to the newly selected mode.
If you have no subscription, you can still use your device with Bluetooth but there will not be any cellular updates.
Name, attach and start using it!
- You will be prompted to add a name for your new device.
- We wanted to give you the versatility to attach to anything such as a pet collar, or a backpack. Keep in mind that the clip and sleeve cannot be used together. If needed, use the velcro to attach the device to your valuable.
Check more about other Found features and see what else the Found can do!
If you need help, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org