Found Troubleshooting steps
If you think your Found is not working properly there is a couple of things to try to identify the problem and troubleshooting. Please check the below sections and apply them to your device.
Check if your device is charged
- You will receive your Found turned OFF with low battery (This is a safety requirement for shipping electronics).
- To turn your device ON, plug it to charge and wait until the LED turns on. Do not remove the device from the charging during the first setup process.
- Charge it for at least 4 hours or charge it overnight.
- The app shows the last known battery of the Found. If your device has lost connection or hasn’t been seen for a while, the battery could be outdated and the device could be dead by now.
Check if your device lights up when charging
- Does the LED light stay ON while charging?
- The Found’s LED should be pulsating while it is charging.
- or show solid green when is fully charged.It's ok if it doesn't show solid green. If you charged your device for all least 4 hours, it should be fully charged by now. Please check this article Why does my Found battery never fully charge? if you need more help.
- If there is no light coming from the device:
- Try another cable, outlet, or power source.
- Make sure the Found USB-c port is clean and free of dirt.
- Try charging your device for at least 4 hours. An overnight charge is recommended to be sure it went fully charged.
Check if your device beeps when pressed
- Press the device’s button (where the bee is).
- Try it multiple times, single and double-press.
- If you single press the LED should light up, no beep.
- If you double-press it should light up and beep twice.
- If your device is NOT beeping when you press its button:
- The Found could be out of battery. Please plug your device to charge.
- Your device could be defective.
Check what is the tracking mode of your device
There are two ways to know if your device is updating the location:
- by checking the last time it was seen by the app (i.e. seconds, mins, or hours).
- by checking if the icon on the map moves when you are moving (also stored on History locations).
- by checking the device status with Connectivity
The frequency of the updates will depend on the tracking mode you selected. The tracking mode sets the device for periodic updates. Please check our article Found tracking modes to know what is the expected times for each of them.
Check if there is an app update available
- Check on the Apple Store or Google play if there is an update available for the Pebblebee app.
- Allow all required permissions for the app to perform at its best.
- Make sure to update your Found when notified on the app.
- The app must connect to your Found via Bluetooth to check if there is an update available.
- Even if you usually don't use Bluetooth, turn it ON and put the Found close to your phone to see if an update is available. You can also press to buzz the device to make sure they are connected to each other. Do not move your Found or phon while it's updating.
- You will be notified by the app when it's time to update your device and and 'Update' button will show up in front of your device’s name.
- Swipe to close/kill the app and open again to refresh the UI. Check the article How to close the app for help.
If you believe your device is defective
Unfortunately, some hardware problems can happen. If you already tried all the above steps and your device is still not working, please contact our customer support and tell us which troubleshooting steps you already executed. We will guide you through the next steps.
When you reach out to customer support, there is some optional information you can add to help us solve your issue quickly:
- The email address you use on your Pebblebee account.
- Which of your device is not working properly (if you have more than one)?
- What is the issue you are experiencing and what troubleshooting steps have you already tried?
- Send us screenshots and videos! They are always very helpful for us to narrow down the problem.
- Your phone model (e.g iPhone 11 or Samsung S10).
- What is the app version you have installed? (On the Pebblebee app, go to Settings, scroll down. At the bottom of the screen, you will find the App version.)