Why my device is not charging?
There is more than one reason that can cause a device to not charge. To make sure we find the root cause for the problem or identify if your device is really defective, please follow the troubleshooting steps:
The light still shows red after the device was charged
- Choose a reliable power supply
- You can plug the USB of your cable into a USB port. (e.g Laptop, phone charger)
- Test if the USB port is working with another by plugging another device, like your phone.
- Change the cable
- Try to use another cable that you have at home.
- Make sure you are plugging the cable all the way in
- Test the connection between the cable and your Pebblebee device.
- Test the connection between the cable and the USB port on your power supply.
- Let it charge overnight
- Give the devices plenty of time to recharge. We suggest to let them charge overnight to guarantee a full battery recharge.
- Check for lights
- If your device is not defective and the charge is not broken, a light will turn on your device when you plug it into a power source.
- Your device is charging if the lights pulsate green for the Finder 2 and Found, or the charger change color from green to on your Black Card.
- For Black cards:
- Check if you insert the card in the right orientation. The two yellow dots on the card need to be aligned with the two dots on the charger.
- The Black Card charger without the card should show a green light. Once you correctly place your Black Card, the light will turn red, and it means it is charging.
- The light on the charger will change back to green once your device is charged. Please let the device charge a couple of extra hours before removing it.
After I charged my device overnight, there is no light when I press the device's button
Please make sure you checked all the troubleshooting steps from the first section of this article Troubleshooting steps to charging.
Please contact Pebblebee support:
- if you fully charged your device but there is no light when you press your device's button.
- if you plugged your device to charge and there was no light coming from it.
- if your tried Troubleshooting steps to charging and none of those steps solved your problems.
When I press the device's button it lights up but there is no sound
If you can see the light flashing on the Pebblebee logo when you press the button but your device doesn't make any sound, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.