Why my device is not charging?
There is more than one reason that can cause a device to not charge. To make sure we find the root cause for the problem or identify if your device is really defective, please follow the troubleshooting steps:
My device does not turn ON the light when I plug it to charge
- Choose a reliable power supply
- Pebblebee does not provide the brick charger, only the charger cable.
- You can plug the USB of your cable into a USB port. (e.g Laptop USB port, phone charger, brick charger)
- Change the cable
- If you are charging a Clip, you can try to use another cable that you have at home.
- Make sure you are plugging the cable all the way in
- Test the connection between the cable and your Pebblebee device.
- Test the connection between the cable and the USB port on your power supply.
- Let it charge overnight
- Give the devices plenty of time to recharge. We suggest to let them charge overnight to guarantee a full battery recharge.
- Check for lights
- When you plug your device to charge, or when you press & hold the device's button (located where the Pebblebee logo is) it should turn on the light even if momentarily.
Your device is charging if:
Card: The lights on the top right corner turn ON when plug to charge
Clip: The lights on the side of the device turn ON when you plug to charge
Tag: The lights on the middle of the device turn ON when you plug to charge
Finder 2.0: the lights pulsates green when you plug to charge
Black Card*: the BlackCard square charger changes color when you insert the Black Card.
To more info on how to charge and check the battery status of your device you can check:
For Pebblebee Black Card:
- Check if you insert the card in the right orientation. The two yellow dots on the card need to be aligned with the two dots on the charger.
- The Black Card charger without the card should show a green light. Once you correctly place your Black Card, the light will turn red, and it means it is charging.
- The light on the charger will change back to green once your device is charged. Please let the device charge a couple of extra hours before removing it.
- If you can see the light flashing on the Pebblebee logo when you press the button but your device doesn't make any sound, please contact email@example.com.
After I charged my device overnight, there is no light when I press & hold the device's button
Please make sure you checked all the troubleshooting steps from the first section of this article Troubleshooting steps to charging.
Note: Clip, Card, and Tag might not respond to a double-press or single-press. To check your device's responsiveness, please try pressing and holding, triple-pressing, pressing it five times in a row, or, as a last resort, performing a factory reset on the device.
Please contact Pebblebee support at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- if you fully charged your device but there is no light when you press & hold your device's button.
- if you plugged your device to charge and there was no light coming from it.
- if your tried Troubleshooting steps to charging and none of those steps solved your problems.